I was home alone tonight for dinner because half my family is at a Civil War Reenactment, and the other half is on their way north to see my uncle who has had a massive stroke, and is in the hospital.
- 2 cups chicken, sliced into strips.
- ~1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon Oregano
- 4 heaping tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1/8 cup onion
- 1/8 cup Chardonnay
- 1/2 leaf basil
- 2 corn tortillas
- Heat butter, onion, garlic and basil an a sauce pan on medium-low until the onion is nicely browned. (It took me two tries to do this part. The first attempt was more black than brown.)
- Add chicken, Chardonnay and spices.
- Cook until the chicken is well done all the way through.
- Place chicken/onion mixture in a bowl. (Do not remove liquids.) Cover with several place-mats/towels to keep warm.
- Fry the tortillas in the butter mixture in the bottom of the pan.
- Serve with orange juice.
Remember, I wrote this post after midnight-thirty, so prepare this sapid dish with caution (Also please excuse the brevity and sloppiness etc. of this post.)