Wednesday, January 10, 2007

What a Way to Start the New Year

Being sick is a real drag. Having spent the past week in this condition, I've spent some time contemplating this fact. Now, I'm not going to lie to you and say that I missed getting up at 05.00 hr. or being at work for over a third of each day. But even if I don't enjoy being up before the dawn, I do have this odd desire to be out of bed at some point when the sun is visible during each circuit the Earth makes around it.

After the first day I couldn't stand it. I had to be up. So I made my way courageously to the couch, from which I continued to lay about doing nothing. At some point I got tired of this too, so I took up the first "Harry Potter" book. Once before I'd started to read these, but didn't get far. I recently ordered "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets" from the library, and now having it in my possession and plenty of excess time, I began.

That was last Wednesday. I completed books one, two and three in short order. My progress on book four ("Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire") has been much slower than on the others, now that I'm up and about, and able once again to work.

P.S.
Happy New Year to y'all!

No comments: